This movement was raised by Marri Chenna Reddy when Kasu Bramhananda Reddy was the then CM of AP, people agitated fiercely and the new PM Inidra Gandhi was observing the events (as what Sonia Gandhi is doing now). Nearly 400 people (90% students) of Telangana died.
In 1969 few points were made to ease the tensions:
1. All the employees who got employment against the rules shall be removed ( not implemented till date)
2. Action against those who got in with JAALI certificates ( no action taken against any such persons)
3. Extension of mulki rules to local administration.
4. Seniority must be respected as per the Supreme Court orders.
5. Funds siphoned from Telangana must be given back
6. Increase the educational facilities in Hyderabad (nothing from government as established but we can feel the heat of Andhra corporate colleges here in Telangana now)
Telangana praja samiti party won 10 MP (Member of Parliament) seats but same old story of noble men, treachery followed victory. All the winners joined in congress and Chenna Reddy became CM of AP and hence called off the struggle.
You find statues of Potti Siramulu all over AP but all the 400 odd who died in 1969 Separate Telangana agitation did not find place even in Government records.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...