Group 1 Andhra Pradesh Exam notification, Syllabus and details
APPSC - Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission has announced the notification for Group 1 examination to fill up the Government jobs in 2012. Group 1 is considered as one of the prestigious examinations to occupy the best posts in the Government sector. Toughness of the examination will also be in the same way. Group 1 is mainly intended to fill up the posts in Civil services sector. APPSC how ever released notifications for other Government jobs in 2012.
Age limit for Group 1 Exams in AP
At most, age limit given for all the posts are between 18 years to 36 years except to Deputy Supdt. of Police (Civil) Cat-2 in A.P. Police Service, which is 21 years to 28 years and for Divisional Fire Officers in Fire & Emergency Services it is 21 years to 26 years. Age has to calculated as on 01/07/2011. Candidates who cross this age limit are not eligible to attend the examination. However, there is relaxation provided for the reserved categories under government acts.
Syllabus for Group 1 Exams in AP
Group 1 examination mainly consists of Screening test at first and then written examination, which in turn comprises of 5 papers. Total marks for Group 1 examination are 750 and an oral interview will be conducted for 75 marks which makes the grand total as 825. Screening test consists of Mental ability and General studies questions, total 150 for 150 marks.
Paper 1 syllabus for Group 1 exams
Paper 1 consists of General Essay writing for 150 marks. Duration for this paper is 3 hours.
Paper 2 syllabus for Group 1 exams
1. History & Cultural heritage of India with emphasis on 20th century history of India.
2. Social history of Andhra Pradesh i.e., the history of various social and cultural movements in Andhra Pradesh
3. General overview of the Indian Constitution
Paper 3 syllabus for Group 1 Exams
1. Planning in India & Indian Economy
2. Land Reforms and social changes in Andhra Pradesh after independence
3. Andhra Pradesh's Economy, present status its strengths and weakness
Paper 4 syllabus for Group 1 exams
1. The role and impact of Science & Technology in the development of India with emphasis on the applied aspects
2. General awareness with the modern trends in life sciences.
3. Development and environmental problems
Paper 5 syllabus for Group 1 exams
1. Data appreciation and interpretation
2. The candidates will be asked to draw their own conclusion from the
data presented in the tabular form in graphical or otherwise
3. Problem solving – duly structured situation will be presented to the
candidates and they will be asked to suggest their own solutions to the problem arising out of situation. Alternatively, they may be called upon to prove the understanding of the situation by answering certain searchinng questions based on the situation.
All the papers have a duration of 3 hours and are evaluated for 150 marks.
Important dates for Group 1 Examination
Last date for Online submission of Application - 21-01-2012
Last date for Payment of fees - 18-01-2012
Date of Screening Test - 27-05-2012
More articles: jobs 2012
No responses found. Be the first to comment...