Andhra Special - Andhra Full Meals (Vegetarian)
In this article, I will give a description about the famous Andhra meals. A full Andhra vegetarian meals generally consists of, Annamu (cooked Rice) together with each of the following items. Have a great day with a Full Meal.
A full Andhra vegetarian meals generally consists of, Annamu (cooked Rice) together with each of the following items:
Talimpu (Koora - Dry Vegetable Curry)
Payasam (Sweet Kheer)
Arati Pandu (Banana)
Beeda (Sweet Pan)
There is not much more that an individual would need.
The order in which, you must have these Andhra Meals
It is important that you have them in this order
- Rice with Ghee, Gunpowder, Aavakaaya (Spicy Mango Pickle) & Gongura pacchadi (pickle made with a leafy vegetables)
- Rice with Dal, Ghee and Dry Vegetables
- Rice with Sambhar
- Rice with Majjiga Pulusu
- Rice with Rasam (in middle have Appadam)
- Rice with Curd (side taste the pickle)
- Sweet Dish (usually Payasam or 'double ka meetha', a Hyderabadi delicacy)
- Sweet paan
Stick to this order and you'll LOVE IT!!
It's not just about the taste, the rasam and curd at the end are great digestives and the paan works as your mouth freshener.