Hyderabadi Haleem - a local favorite of Hyderabad
Hyderabad is very famous for its non-vegetarian dishes. Hyderabadi Haleem is one such famous dish of Hyderabad. In this article, I will explain the recipie of making Hyderabadi Haleem. The ingredients required and the method of making Hyderabadi Haleem are explained in the article.
The ingredients & method of of making Hyderabadi Haleem are as follows:
Ingredients required to make Hyderabadi Haleem
200gms Wheat (whole)
300gms Boneless mutton
20gms Fresh green chillies
2" piece Ginger
6-8 flakes Garlic
100gms Cooking oil
3 medium Onions (sliced)
2 medium Lime
1/2tsp Turmeric powder (Haldi)
2tsp Garam Masala
Salt to taste
Method of making Hyderabadi Haleem
- De-bran the wheat, wash and soak for 2 hours.
- Clean and marinate mutton with half of ground paste of ginger, garlic, green chillies and salt for 1 hour.
- Pressure cook the soaked wheat and marinated meat for about 45 minutes. Mince and grind to a fine paste.
- In a Pan heat oil, add the finely sliced onions, fry till brown, add the spices.
- Add the ground paste and keep stirring occasionally. On slow flame, till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve hot, with lime wedges coriander and fried onions as garnish.